KXStudio : News
Carla 2.0 beta5 is here!
On 2017-01-05 by falkTX
Hello again everyone, we're glad to bring you the 5th beta of the upcoming Carla 2.0 release.
It has been more than 1 year since the last Carla release, this release fixes things that got broken in the mean time and continues the work towards Carla's 2.0 base features.
There's quite a lot of changes under the hood, mostly bugfixes and minor but useful additions.
With that being said, here are some of the highlights:
- Add carla-jack-single/multi startup tools
- Add 16 channel and 2+1 (sidechain) variant to Carla-Patchbay plugins
- Add new custom menu when right-clicking empty rack & patchbay areas
- Add command-line option for help and version arguments
- Add command-line option to run Carla without UI (requires project file)
- Add X11 UI to Carla-LV2
- Remove MVerb internal plugin (conflicting license)
- Remove Nekofilter internal plugin (use fil4.lv2 instead)
- Implement plugin bridges for Mac OS and Windows
- Implement Carla-LV2 MIDI out
- Implement initial latency code, used for aligned dry/wet sound for now
- Implement support for VST shell plugins under Linux
- Implement sorting of LV2 scale points
- Allow to scan and load 32bit AUs under Mac OS
- Allow using the same midi-cc in multiple parameters for the same plugin
- Allow Carla-VST to be built with Qt5 (Linux only)
- Bypass MIDI events on carla-rack plugin when rack is empty
- Find plugin binary when saved filename doesn't exist
- Force usage of custom theme under Mac OS
- New option to wherever put UIs on top of carla (Linux only)
- Make canvas draggable with mouse middle-click
- Make it possible to force-refresh scan of LV2 and AU plugins
- Plugin settings (force stereo, send CC, etc) are now saved in the project file
- Renaming plugins under JACK driver mode now keeps the patchbays connections
- Update modgui code for latest mod-ui, supports control outputs now
- Lots and lots of bug fixes.
There will still be 1 more beta release before going for a release candidate, so expect more cool stuff soon!
- Carla as plugin is still not available under Windows, to be done for the next beta.
To download Carla binaries or source code, jump into the KXStudio downloads section.
If you're using the KXStudio repositories, you can simply install "carla-git" (plus "carla-lv2" and "carla-vst" if you're so inclined).
Bug reports and feature requests are welcome! Jump into the Carla's Github project page for those.