KXStudio : News
Carla 2.0 beta4 is here!
On 2015-03-18 by falkTX
Hello again everyone, we're glad to bring you the 4th beta of the upcoming Carla 2.0 release.
This release is mostly focused on bug-fixing, so there aren't many splashy new features to show compared to previous ones.
Still, here's the highlights:
Updated plugin skins
The plugin skins received some updates once again.
- LinuxSampler code has been reworked and it's working better, it now exposes 2 output parameters.
- The plugin bridge code has been reworked; bridges are much more stable and MIDI-out is working.
- NSM code has also been reworked, testers welcome.
- OSC ports can be static by using CARLA_OSC_TCP_PORT and CARLA_OSC_UDP_PORT environment variables.
- Time panel can be shown/hidden as needed.
- DISTRHO-based internal plugins are back, specifically 3BandEQ/Splitter, PingPongPan, Nekobi, MVerb, VectorJuice and WoobleJuice.
- carla-single script is back, allowing you to quickly test and run all plugins.
- Carla as plugin allows new, open and save-as (export) menu actions.
- Start of new midi-sequencer plugin, still experimental and Linux-only for now.
- MIDI file internal plugin now saves the contents, so you can share projects without worrying if the file exists on the other system.
- Added 6 basic parameters to the ZynAddSubFX internal plugin.
- New MIDI channel filter plugin.
- LV2 and AU plugins are cached and automatically updated when needed, no need for scanning.
- Patchbay mode is now working for non-JACK drivers.
- Carla saves internal and external connections, specially useful in patchbay mode.
- Lots and lots of bug fixes.
- Renaming plugins currently is not safe (unless using Rack mode).
- GIG/SF2/SFZ skin still to be done, and some others...
- Plugin bridges only work on Linux right now. They used to be working for OSX but stopped due to a OS limitation.
- Windows 64bit builds a shows small console windows when discovering plugins. This is not intended and will hopefully be fixed soon.
To download Carla binaries or source code, jump into the KXStudio downloads section.
If you're using the KXStudio repositories, you can simply install "carla-git" instead (plus "carla-lv2" and "carla-vst" if you're so inclined).
Bug reports and feature requests are welcome! Jump into the Carla's GitHub project page for those.